Q1) (10 Points) Review and analyze systems and SALC terms and concepts in relationship to IT.
Wikipedia in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Systems_engineering defines systems engineering as an interdisciplinary field that “focuses on how to design and manage systems over their life cycles.” We will use this as a point of departure for understanding the IT SALC. Please complete the development of a list of the top ten words or concepts the IT professional should know along with their definitions about the IT SALC. Add five terms/concepts to those there already.
- IT System-
- Systems engineering- an interdisciplinary field that “focuses on how to design and manage systems over their life cycles.” 
- IT SALC-
Q2) In 2 pages compare and contrast between two and four typically used IT system acquisition life cycles (SALCs), e.g., those based on Agile versus Waterfall or DAU versus ISO versus DOAS. Utilize life cycles you have learned in other courses and on the job in addition to the life cycles covered in this course. Embed your comparison and contrast here. (Hint: use a table.) Don’t forget to cite your references!
Q3) Develop about five Powerpoint slides to include your top 10 from question 1 and your main points of comparison and contrast for question 2 above.
Q4) Do an online search and find an article that discusses at least one of the following three main points (1pg). In your summary, address what the article you found says about whether the IT supports the business process as defined for the business and user needs or the IT requires the users and business to implement an arbitrary process designed for the IT and not the business.
- Distinguish between different types of business process
- Discuss the relationship between business processes and IT
- Discuss change management issues pertinent to business processes
Q5) In one paragraph, answer the question: “When deciding questions about whether IT systems acquisition and integration, senior IT professionals must pay attention to the SALC applied and the business processes involved because…” Provide your answer here. Please cite your references!
If you’re struggling we can help!
Qn 1) Systems and SALC terms and concepts in relation to IT
- System- a set arrangement of products that can achieve a given objective.
- IT System is the physical nature of multiple interacting components that perform a function that cannot be achieved alone.
- Systems engineering- an interdisciplinary field that “focuses on how to design and manage systems over their life cycles.” (Wikipedia article on Systems Engineering)
- IT SALC- Salc is an acronym for software acquisition life cycle. IT SALC are tools that allow the organization of components around the registered global database.
- Requirement- a singular documented need/instruction that states how a particular product should perform or develop a specific software.
- Model- a conceptual tool used in decision making.